The benefits and properties of lanolin have been well published over recent years, with most uses being a “rediscovery” that our forefathers were well aware of. With the introduction decades ago of toxic chemicals in typical sheep dips. The use of industrial grade lanolin was banned both here in Australia as well as overseas. However as these practices eventually changed, the knowledge of lanolin and its uses were almost forgotten.
Sierra began formulating and manufacturing lanolin products under other labels in 1999, and continued to develop products utilising this unique material, with discoveries still being made today.
Lanomax lanolin products are to the best of our knowledge the most extensive range found anywhere.
Liquid Lanolin PDS
- Metal -
- Use Liquid Lanomax to rust proof metal components against corrosion. Amazingly only a very small amount is needed to guard against rust.
- Lubricant - general purpose lubricant. Lanolin is non toxic.
- Use on all tools as a rust preventative.
- Wood -
- Lanomax liquid is an excellent preserving agent for use on all wood types. May even be used around aqua culture because of lanolin’s lack of toxicity. Because Lanomax liquid lanolin contains so much lanolin (around 40%) it should be diluted with a solvent first, such as turpentine. This will assist in allowing Lanomax to penetrate further into the wood. Sierra recommends that users should dilute by around 30 to 50%. Excess lanolin may then be wiped off before drying.
- Leather -
- Lanomax will keep leather supple and water resistant. Will not adversely affect colour.
- Marine -
- Use on fishing reels as lube/protectant.
- Hinges, turnbuckles, aerials, trailers, couplings.
- Will not cause slippage.
“I have used the Lanomax products extensively on the boat, outboard and trailer and I am extremely satisfied with its anti-rusting and lubrication qualities. In particular the Lanomax liquid does not harm the plastics and rubber components. Sierra have both aerosol cans as well as economical plastic trigger bottles.”
Adam “The Krusty Angler”
- Metal -
- Drilling aid, keeps bits sharper longer and facilitates faster drilling.
- Self drilling screws in metal and wood will penetrate better, easier.
- Anti splatter in welding.
- Rust protection - when applied to any metalic surface.
- Tested to 75Kva. Can be applied directly to electrical components to protect against moisture. Ideal on battery terminals after fitment.
- All the benefits of lanolin in a vehicle wash ! The effect on paint work is nothing short of amazing. Paint is rejuventated and protected.
- Ideal on all vehicle types including motorcycles, cars and trucks.
- Ideal on all marine liesure craft.
- Concentrated, high foaming formula.
Back to Top